Mirrorsync basic setup – 360works product documentation wiki
MirrorSync is an elegant synchronization product that can sync between any combination of FileMaker Pro, FileMaker Go, FileMaker Server, SQL database (MySQL, Oracle, SQL Server, or any database that supports JDBC), Salesforce, and Amazon RedShift. Database website template For mobile devices, users can sync the hosted file with their FMGo or Pro clients, go off network to make changes, and sync again when a connection is available. 7 data recovery registration code For servers, MirrorSync allows a database to run in multiple locations, or to integrate different databases and make sure that changes to each server are reflected in the other server.
• For mobile users who access the database with FileMaker Go on their iOS device, MirrorSync allows these users to work efficiently with limited or no connectivity to the server network.
7 databases in 7 weeks pdf Each user can take a local copy on their iPad or iPhone, input the information from the field, and then sync when they regain a network connection. Database key definition Depending on their workflow, they could even specify a one-way sync where their information is pushed to the server, but no data is pulled down, or vice versa for users who need fast read-only information.
• For remote users who work on laptops, MirrorSync solves the problem of how to work productively on a hosted FileMaker database, regardless of network speed. Database hierarchy If, for example, you have multiple users connecting to FileMaker Server over a wide area network (WAN) you could notice a substantial slowdown, as every change is immediately written back to FileMaker Server. Data recovery on mac MirrorSync allows each user to take a local copy of the database which would run on the user’s machine and not be affected by the WAN performance. Data recovery kali linux The user could sync when they first came into the office, work on their local copy throughout the day, and sync at specified times (or on demand) to push and pull the latest data to the server.
• For groups of users at multiple locations, MirrorSync should be used in server-to-server mode, where an identical copy of the database is installed on FileMaker Server in each location. I card data recovery Each workgroup works at full LAN speed on their own FileMaker Server, and MirrorSync takes care of keeping the servers in sync with each other, so that each workgroup can see and edit changes made by the other group. Database name In this configuration, MirrorSync should be set to sync very often, such as every 30-60 seconds.
• To maximize performance and reliability, MirrorSync can be used in a clustering configuration, where two or more servers are running at the same data center and synchronized so that they all contain the same set of data. Database quiz This means that each server only needs to work with 1/2 or less of the total users, and if one server goes down, the other server can take over the entire workload seamlessly. Database url For a video demo of this, see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQlGHrNtHCg
• For integration with non-FileMaker databases, MirrorSync is the simplest and most efficient way to accomplish this. Os x data recovery free For instance, if you have an online storefront running with MySQL or Oracle at a remote data center, but you need to have instant access to all of the orders in a database running on FileMaker Server, MirrorSync can selectively sync certain SQL tables to FileMaker, even if the table and field names do not match. Fda 510 k database In this configuration, MirrorSync should be set to sync fairly often, such as every 5-10 minutes.
• FileMaker Server 10.0v2, 11.0v3, 12 or later (tested with 13, 14, and 15), with XML Web Publishing enabled OR FileMaker Cloud (See special instructions for syncing with FileMaker Cloud)
• 3 gigabytes or more of RAM. Database research 8 gigabytes or more are recommended for large databases with hundreds of thousands of rows, or for more than 10 simultaneous sync operations.
• FileMaker Pro 11 or later (FileMaker Pro Advanced is recommended and reduces setup steps, but not required. Graph database If you do not have FileMaker Pro Advanced, read the FAQ on Is FileMaker Pro Advanced necessary for configuration?.
• Install MirrorSync. Data recovery android free You can install MirrorSync on any Mac, Windows, or Linux computer, whether or not it is running FileMaker Server. Database software During installation, you will create a username and password that will be used to administer MirrorSync. Database software definition If you choose to install MirrorSync on a computer other than your FileMaker Server, you will need to also install an extra copy of MirrorSync on your FileMaker Server if you want to use the ‘download link’ feature for easy distribute to offline users.
• After installation, you will be taken to the MirrorSync home page. Database error 7719 at exe This is located at http://yourServerAddress/MirrorSync, or in some cases, http://yourServerAddress:42424/MirrorSync. Data recovery nj Keep in mind that you can open this page and proceed with the rest of the integration process from your own computer – you don’t need to remote desktop to the computer where MirrorSync is installed. Iphone 6 data recovery mac From the home page, click the blue ‘Launch MirrorSync Client’ button. Database design tool If you are using Mac OS X, you will then need to double-click the downloaded JNLP file.
• Use the username and password you created during installation to log in to the config client, and then follow the setup instructions in the config client.
• After completing the setup, if you will be syncing with FileMaker Pro or Go, you will need to distribute offline copies of your solution to your users. H data recovery software Click the ‘Download Database’ button in the config client and choose either ‘Download’ for quick testing on your own computer, or ‘Create Link’ for deployment to end users.
• Once you have created an offline copy, run the ‘MirrorSync’ script to do the initial sync, and then run it again whenever you want to sync with the server. 1 care data recovery software If you’d like to, you can add a button somewhere on the layout for users to run the sync easily.
When you make development changes to the file hosted on FileMaker Server, as long as you do not delete or rename fields, it will not interfere with offline user’s ability to sync. Database user interface You can add new tables, layouts, fields, scripts, etc., and your existing offline files will continue to sync normally.
Once you are ready to deploy your changes to offline users, edit the configuration in the MirrorSync admin utility. Data recovery jaipur When you get to the end of the process, re-copy and paste the script steps into your FileMaker solutions. Database platforms Send an e-mail to your users with a download link (you can use one you’ve generated in the past or create a new one) and instructions to sync their old file, delete it, and then download a new one. Data recovery group Users who do not download the file will also continue to sync normally, they just won’t have the latest and greatest version of the solution.
This document should get you up and running with MirrorSync. Database xls However, there are many advanced features and customizations available, which are covered on the MirrorSync advanced topics page.
If you encounter any problems while syncing, please go to the MirrorSync homepage and click the link titled ‘report a bug’. C database library This will send us the sync log file, which is required to solve almost all issues. 510 k database Be sure to include your contact info in the bug report so that we can get in touch with you.
There is an online discussion forum hosted by FMForums. How to become a database administrator Please look through the posts and see if your question has been posted before making a new topic.
If you have other questions, we have a dedicated support team that is ready to help. Database xml Send us an e-mail at email@example.com or call us at 866-662-9185. Database terminology If it’s related to a sync problem, it’s better to use the ‘report a bug’ link described above, since that will attach the sync log file.