Married by the bullet – the manila times online 7 data recovery suite key

Less than ten minutes after my prayer, my Auntie Tatutz called. My mom had barely put her phone down, when it began to ring again. It was her feisty sister Angie. Auntie Angie, instantly observing the change in my mom’s manner of speaking, asked: “Sister, what happened to you? You seem to be having difficulty speaking.”

The only odd thing was that she was always very specific that I shouldn’t wire the funds immediately. She would give me a specific time and date when she was certain she would be in front of an ATM machine. Only then would she give me another call to finally make the fund transfer.

In reality, my mom was hungry, isolated from her support system, stuck at her home-cum-prison in Terry Hills, and had no money for regular medical exams and maintenance medicines. Like many abused women, she did her best to conceal her suffering from her sinister husband, so as to prevent worse repercussions.

I was half asleep beside mama at home before her attack. She was, as usual, watching her favorite TV series “Mulawin” on her phone right after we said our prayers for Grandma Coleta. She then took a pause from watching her favorite teleserye, and nudged me, “Nak, gising ka pa (you’re still awake)?”

I hugged my mother and giggled a bit because I always found it amusing whenever she would wake me up just to ask me if I’m already sleeping. I then said: “Ma…gising na ako ulit (I’m awake). Why? Dapat tulog ka na rin (You should be asleep).”

I painfully listened to her talk about her other dying wishes. I spent 19 to 22 hours each day for another month more after that, wide awake, taking care of her, cleaning her private parts, brushing her teeth, massaging her by the hour, and making her laugh.

I witnessed my sadistic father simply stare and do nothing for more than half an hour after my mom’s stroke. My recurring dreams from May and June were manifesting into the dark reality I desperately wanted to fight back. I had to force my mom to be rushed to the hospital. I happily took care of her alone, full-time, without the aid of caregivers but with the occasional help of nurses to clean her and change her diapers during the first month of her hospitalization.

About three to four hours each day, her husband would show up. I thought I finally had a chance to take a short nap because Tony dropped by. But whenever my mom would call out, “Ton, palihog (help)…,” my father would ignore her, and if she kept on calling out for help from her hospital bed, her husband would snap, “Ayaw’g saba diha! (Shut up!)”

So despite my sleeplessness, I would get up, struggle to turn my mom to her other side, whip out my bulky-yet-trusty travel massager device, and begin massaging all her sore areas while chanting a healing prayer. As soon as my mom fell asleep soundly, I would go back to the hospital couch beside her bed, and took a power nap.

Since I had long been estranged from my abusive father, I honestly really couldn’t care less, except that on my mother’s 65th birthday on November 27th last year, my supposedly “jobless” father, according to the attending caregiver, “did not even show up the whole morning until early evening” at the hospital where my mom was already confined for almost four months.

Early evening of November 27th, I surprised my mama at the hospital with some of my good friends from the Armed Forces of the Philippines to celebrate her 65th birthday. We brought Mama a birthday cake, sang her birthday songs, and danced to cheer her up. I knew it was going to be her last birthday alive.

Sending a courtesy-text to my typically absent father, Tony was forced to show up more than half an hour later at the hospital, without any birthday balloons, cake, or even flowers at hand. Clearly, Tony had neither genuine love nor respect for my mom. He arrived nearly 8 p.m.

In an innocent attempt to finally find out where Tony spends his time on a daily basis, I requested my closest friends in the military to send people to follow my father around for a few days. It was then when I finally found out about the mysterious “Linda” my mother never had the chance to meet face to face.

Together, according to military sources, Ka Tonyo and Ka Linda masterminded kidnap-for-ransom activities in Northern Mindanao—even abducting people related by blood to Linda’s rich “legal husband,” as part of their modern resource generation for the Communist Party and the NPA.

Simeon Ortiz Toledo, an Air Force veteran under the Air Force, had two teenage sons who became members of the Kabataang Makabayan (KM). Antonio Lim Toledo (a.k.a. “Ka Tonyo Lim”/ Tony / TonyBoy), Simeon’s eldest son, was the first to be recruited by KM.

When Simeon’s second-born was about to be arrested past midnight by a platoon of military officers at home in Bulua, Cagayan de Oro City, my grandfather brought out his guns, and was ready to kill, even to die, to keep his beloved son Roderick safe.

Tony claims he was able to secretly remove his records from the KM “list.” He said he was “taking a nap under his desk” at the KM headquarters when he woke up to serendipitously witness two young soldiers (who had apparently infiltrated their organization) ransacking the office, clearly looking for the KM membership roll as a basis for the next round of arrests, interrogation and detainment.

After the shrill scream of terror from the housekeeper downstairs, Simeon saw the entire compound in Bulua completely surrounded by soldiers. He ran back upstairs to get his guns. He was outraged upon discovering all gun barrels empty. He also could not find his supply of bullets.

The military only had evidence to arrest one son, instead of two. Simeon knew it was bound to happen. He served the military but with a heavy heart, he tolerated his sons who had joined the Maoist forces. His fellow patriot and own brother in law, Philippine Army Col. Ramon Roa-Neri, criticized Simeon for “having no control over his own sons.”

But to that, Simeon firmly answered, “I was also a freedom fighter during the Japanese occupation. I bombed a lot of Japanese soldiers as a guerrilla fighter. I certainly do not agree with the ideology my sons have chosen now, but it’s their generation’s fight, not mine. I raised them well to think for themselves… If they get arrested, I will still do my best to protect them.”

He falsely claimed to his legal wife that his father Simeon suffered from bipolar disorder. I independently inquired about the medical records of my grandfather in V. Luna General Hospital (the Armed Forces’ General Hospital). No such medical history exists in the file of my Lolo Simeon.

KM stopped keeping a database of its members and leaders. Without any paper trail to serve as evidence to justify arrests, “unlisted” pioneer KM leaders like Ka Tonyo and his beloved Linda became more effective communist operatives who continued to serve the CPP-NPA for decades.

Until today, Ka Tonyo and his guerrilla wife Linda serve central roles in generating funds for the Communist Party; collecting revolutionary taxes in Northern Mindanao; exploiting the war-torn, poverty-stricken, and poorly educated Lumad (natives of Mindanao) to push them to extremism as a means of expanding NPA recruitment (even in the recently war-torn Marawi); and guiding the New People’s Army and other similarly purposed organizations to persist in pursuing their defined objective to bring down by violence the Government of the Republic of the Philippines, and to forcibly seize political power in order that they may replace the existing political, social, economic and legal order with an entirely new one based on communism.