Database administrator _ assyst – the one point source
Background: The work of this position involves maintaining responsibility for the definition, organization, and protection of City-owned databases, enforcing standards for use of database information and for maintenance of database security, and keeping a stable and accessible computer environment for database users and applications developers. Database life cycle The work is performed under general supervision of a designated supervisor, who monitors results of completed work for technical adequacy. Data recovery dallas Written guidelines are available in the form of pertinent administrative regulations and or departmental standards and practices.
• Identifies the relative advantages and degree of usefulness in various projects and applications underway in the City and makes recommendations to senior management;
• Designs, develops and implements data transfer methodologies between database systems to ensure speed, efficiency and accessibility of data while maintaining departmental database security standards;
• Installs, maintains and administers enterprise messaging environment to include Lotus Domino, BlackBerry Enterprise Server, Symantec Antivirus and e-mail disaster recovery systems;
• Manages department, office, or firm-wide projects, including creation of project plans, timelines, and key communications about engaged projects;
• Four Year College Degree AND at least Seven years of progressively responsible information technology experience using a relational database system such as Microsoft SQL Server and/or Oracle, some of which must have been at the level equivalent to a Senior Computer Programmer Analyst, Database Developer or Database Administrator.
• Experience in database application project development and implementation in a leadership capacity; or any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
• Experience using Tidemark Advantage, Tyler EnerGov, Designer, System Utilities, Import Export, Cashier and Batch and Crystal Reports software.
We are proud to offer a robust benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) retirement plan, employee stock ownership plan, disability insurance, flexible spending accounts and more in order for our employees to maintain a secure work/life balance.
ASSYST is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Data recovery usb Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law. Database 4th normal form Contact