Controller system requirements – 4.2.x documentation
A Controller installer is also available for 64-bit Mac OS machines. H data recovery registration code free download However, running the Controller on Mac OS is intended for instructional, development or demonstration environments only, and not meant for production use. Database hardware Java
The Controller host machine must be able to run the Java version that the Controller uses. Database roles The Controller runs Java 1.7 by default. B tree database management system The installer also packages Java 1.8. Database file You can switch to Java 1.8 after you install the Controller. Data recovery near me For more information, see Platform Version Information. Database job description Controller Performance Profile Definitions
The Controller performs large-scale real-time data analysis and correlation for potentially many agents at a time.
Data recovery 94fbr For best performance, the Controller must be installed on suitable hardware.
To determine the hardware needed for your Controller, first identify the expected performance profile for your deployment based on the following table. Database foreign key One you’ve identified a profile, match it to the hardware requirements specified in the following section.
1 The primary consideration in sizing a Controller deployment is the metric ingestion rate per minute, as shown in the second column. Database as a service While the number of nodes and business apps in your deployment do not bear directly on system capacity, the numbers shown here are indicative of the corresponding profile sizes. Iphone 6 data recovery The actual number of nodes or business applications the controller can handle vary depending on the node type, features used, and many other factors.
2 Deployments that exceed the Extra Large profile are possible, but you need to work closely with your AppDynamics account representative to determine hardware requirements and configuration and tuning measures needed to accommodate Extra Large or larger deployments. Database google drive Hardware Requirements per Performance Profile
AppDynamics strongly recommends that you install the Controller on a dedicated machine. Data recovery geek squad The hardware requirements described in this document assume that no other major processes are running on the machine where the Controller is installed, including no other Controllers. Database recovery pending For the Extra Large profile and larger, the Controller must run on a dedicated machine.
• For Extra Large profile deployments and larger, you will need to work closely with your AppDynamics account representative for sizing, configuration, and additional considerations.
• An important limiting factor when considering deploying the Controller to a VM is the Disk I/O throughput. Data recovery prices For more, see additional information on I/O requirements.
• Disk sizing reflects the estimate that each metric requires approximately 7 MB of storage. Database sharding This assumes default settings for the Controller, including default data retention settings and business transaction registration limits.
• The RAM recommendations leave room for operating system processes. Database keys with example However, the recommendations assume that no other memory intensive applications are running on the same machine. Data recovery xfs The actual RAM allocated by the installer per profile size for the Controller application server and database in gigabytes are 1.6, 3, 12, 24, and 48, respectively.
• Also see Controller Performance Profiles. Database management systems 3rd edition The agent count requirements do not reflect additional requirements of using End-User Monitoring (EUM). Database engineer salary See Additional Sizing Considerations for more information.
To perform the installation, the Controller installer requires around 200 MB of free space to be available in the system’s temporary directory. Jstor database For more information, see Install the Controller.
The .NET Agent dynamically creates nodes depending on the monitored application’s configuration in the IIS server. E m database An IIS server can create multiple instances of each monitored IIS application. Data recovery richmond va For every instance the .NET Agent creates a node. Data recovery software For example, if an IIS application has five instances, the .NET Agent will create five nodes, one for each instance.
The maximum number of instances of a particular IIS application is determined by the number of worker processes configured for its application pool. Data recovery advisor Consider the following diagram:
• Check if any AppPools are configured to run as a Web Garden. Database host name This would be a multiplier for the number of .NET nodes coming from this AppPool as described above.
The following guidelines can help you determine additional disk and RAM required for the machine hosting the Controller that is monitoring the Database Agent. Database performance For very large installations, you should work with your AppDynamics representative for additional guidelines.
The Event Service is a file-based storage facility used by EUM, Database Monitoring, and Analytics. Data recovery broken hard drive Database Monitoring uses the Events Service instance embedded in the Controller by default. Database xe The disk space required will vary depending upon how active the databases are and how many are being monitored.
For redundancy and optimum performance, the Events Service should run on a separate machine. Database yml mysql For details on sizing considerations, see Events Service Sizing and Capacity Planning. 5 database is locked AppDynamics for Databases Requirements for Demo and Small Profile Environments
AppDynamics for Databases is an on-premise solution and can be installed on the same server as the AppDynamics Pro Controller, or on a different server. Database fundamentals In either case it requires 1 CPU and 2GB of RAM to monitor a single database instance. Database concepts If you install it on the Controller server, these resources are in addition to the Controller resources. Database icon Asynchronous Call Monitoring and End User Monitoring (EUM)
• A Medium profile running 40+ agents may need to upgrade to a configuration closer to a Large profile if extensive async monitoring and/or EUM are added.
Mobile RUM can increase the number of individual metric data points per minute by as much as 15 to 25K per instrumented application, if your applications are heavily accessed. Database versioning The actual number depends on how many network requests your applications receive.
The number of separate EUM metric names saved in the Controller database can be larger than the kinds of individual data points saved. Database 2013 For example a metric name for a metric for iOS 5 might still be in the database even if all your users have migrated away from iOS 5. Database cursor So the metric name would no longer have an impact on resource utilization, but it would count against the default limit in the Controller for metric names per application. Database list The default limit for names is 200,000 for Browser RUM and 100,000 for Mobile RUM.
• The memory allocation for the Controller’s virtual machine must be fully reserved RAM. Database queries must be Reserve as much as possible of the total memory allocation. Database journal The following page describes how to configure reserved memory on VMWare: Set Memory Reservation on a Virtual Machine.
• The Controller license is bound to the MAC address of the host machine. Data recovery boston To run the Controller on a virtual machine, you must ensure that the host virtual machine uses a fixed MAC address.
• The virtual machine that hosts the Controller must meet hardware resource requirements that are equivalent to physical machines, including I/O performance.
• Running a large or extra large profile Controller on a virtual machine is supported, but it is important that you fully reserve memory for the machine, as noted above, and that the virtual machine’s filesystem meets the I/O requirements, as discussed in the next section.
To test whether your virtualized storage subsystem is providing the required I/O capacity, see information on disk I/O rate tests. Database connection Understanding Disk I/O Requirements
When considering I/O requirements listed in Hardware Requirements per Performance Profile, keep in mind that while onboard disks typically satisfy the I/O requirements, in a SAN environment, the bottleneck in terms of I/O write and read speed becomes the latency between the CPU and the SAN-based storage.
AppDynamics strongly recommends that you avoid installing the Controller or putting the Controller’s data directory, db/data, on an NFS-mounted filesystem. S memo data recovery NFS adds latency and throughput constraints that can affect Controller performance and even lead to data corruption.
For best performance, if not using on-board disk storage, consider using a robust Fiber Channel, FCoE, or iSCSI over 10Gbit Ethernet SAN. Whatever underlying technology you use, keep in mind that your system must provide disk data read and write speeds over the connection between the CPU and storage that are equivalent to the disk I/O requirements listed in Hardware Requirements per Performance Profile. Database structure In all cases, be sure to thoroughly load test the deployment with real-world traffic load before putting the Controller into a live environment. Data recovery iso Measure available Disk I/O
To measure the disk I/O performance, AppDynamics recommends using the free fio tool. Iphone 6 data recovery software For information on fio, see the documentation for fio. The results from your tests should match the Disk I/O requirements specified in Hardware Requirements Per Performance Profile. Cpu z database Linux file descriptor limit
For Linux environments, it is important to set the file descriptor limit to at least 65535. Data recovery kickass See information on limiting file descriptors on Linux in Configure Linux for the Controller. A database can best be described as Virtual Memory Space
Be sure to verify the size of virtual memory on your system and modify it if it is less than 10 GB. Os x database Refer to documentation for your operating system for instructions on modifying the swap space or Pagefile size. Database field Network Bandwidth Requirements
The Controller and App Agents provide full internationalization support, with support for double- and triple-byte characters. Data recovery diy This support provides the following abilities:
The Reporting Service relies on certain system libraries and resource that are usually included in standard Linux distributions. Database transaction However, certain lightweight flavors of Linux may be lacking the requirements, primarily font libraries. Data recovery mac hard drive In this case, errors in the reporting server log will indicate missing components, such as a missing libfontconfig.so file.
The operating systems in which this type of error has been observed and the steps for resolving the issue by installing the missing component include: